In recent years, an increasing number of customers are forgoing in-store purchases in favor of shopping online. To keep up with the demand for optimized eCommerce stores, businesses began utilizing marketing tools such as videos and images to promote their products and encourage online purchases. But product photos and videos by themselves won't satisfy today’s buyers, who want a more individualized experience and custom-made products. This is why, for many industries, it has become necessary to have a 3D configurator.
Personalized products provide customers with the options, freedom, and motivation to engage with your brand that is only possible with a 3D configurator. In this article, we’ll explore various ways to increase engagement and brand loyalty, while focusing on the benefits of 3D product configurators.
How to Get Customers to Engage With Your Products
In today’s digital economy, the challenge that eCommerce enterprises are facing is not only to attract buyers to their products but to keep them engaged. Personalized marketing is the key to customer engagement, particularly with Gen Z, as they are already accustomed to personalized marketing via social media platforms.
A personalized marketing strategy is executed by sending individualized content to consumers through data collection and analysis. This modern marketing approach aims to fully engage customers or potential customers by connecting with them as individuals.
The overarching idea is to pull customers into more meaningful and long-term engagement with your brand or product. You need to show customers that you understand their specific needs and have just the right products to make their life easier, instead of providing generic, non-customizable products.
Here are the 5 most effective ways to achieve this level of engagement:
- Improved customer experience: Customers far are more likely to interact with your brand, participate in surveys, provide personal information, etc. if they know what’s in it for them. Constant improvement of your products, services, and operations demonstrates a level of care and awareness for what your customers expect and desire from you, thus increasing brand loyalty.
- Omnichannel communication: An omnichannel communication strategy allows for consistent communication and interaction across all platforms. With the right technology and analytics, you can determine which channel each customer prefers and send personalized content through that channel without disrupting the customer journey. This fosters a positive relationship with your customers and allows your business to receive the exposure needed to stay relevant.
- Promote the true value of your products: Step one of the product discovery process is to immerse yourself in your customers' world. Once you learn exactly what problems need to be solved, you can create the ideal solution. Advertise your product in a way that connects with your customers on a personal level, acknowledging their specific issues and providing them with a solution.
- Brand loyalty: Today’s business world is eminently competitive, so establishing a community of loyal repeat customers can be quite a challenge. Engaging with your customers via social media is an excellent first step in creating positive associations. You will also benefit from providing exceptional customer service, brand consistency, utilizing the power of social media influencers, and capturing customer feedback.
- Personalized products: Allowing buyers to fully customize their products to meet their specific needs is arguably the most effective way to achieve optimal customer engagement and satisfaction. Implementing a 3D product configurator is an innovative solution for enabling comprehensive product customization.
How Do 3D Configurators Improve Customer Engagement?
Simply put, a 3D product configurator is a digital marketing tool that allows customers to view and interact with 360° models of your product. A personalized purchasing process is no longer just a perk, but an expected feature of the customer experience. Implementing a 3D configurator into your website allows your customers to fully customize their purchases to best suit their needs and preferences, while seeing real-time price changes based on their selections.
When customers are able to visualize their products and discern exactly what the finished product will look like, they feel more confident in the product than they would with stock images or 2D configurators. This is especially important when it comes to large or high-cost products where production and design errors cannot easily be resolved.
Providing flexibility in your products also encourages customers to complete the purchasing process and increases the likelihood of repeat customers and recommendations. In fact, 80% of consumers are more likely to make a purchase from a brand that provides personalized experiences. After customers have successfully designed their one-of-a-kind product, they are often motivated to share their configuration on social media to get their friends' opinions, bringing even more traffic and engagement to your brand.
3D configurators, particularly when coupled with an analytics dashboard, also allow enterprises to gain holistic customer data and track key metrics that will give you valuable insight into how customers interact with your products. This data gives you the opportunity to improve the creation process and pinpoint what works and what doesn’t in order to better meet your customers’ needs.
Improve Customer Engagement With Salsita 3D Configurator
A 3D product configurator might be exactly what you need to increase sales, boost your ROI, and take your customer engagement to the next level. Visual content is crucial to the purchasing process, as it’s consistently proven that humans respond better to images than to text. 3D configurators provide customers with the option to customize and visualize their products and gives them the confidence to complete the purchasing process.
With Salsita 3D Configurator, you can visualize complex products with extensive options for customization. By integrating the configurator with your back-office platforms, you can assist customers in creating the ideal product while using the collected data to understand sales patterns and customer preferences.
Take a look at the work we have done for the Dutch furniture company, KILO. They were seeking a configurator solution that allowed their customers to proceed through the purchasing process without needing assistance from the sales team. Salsita 3D Configurator has simplified KILO’s online sales process and significantly increased their online sales and customer engagement and satisfaction. Check out our case study for a more in-depth look at KILO’s success.
Contact us today or book a demo to learn more about what Salsita 3D Configurator can do for you.